JINGLE ON MY SON!

JINGLE ON MY SON!
A doughty champion of his local culture.(Poet Tom Hubbard)Your performance at the city hall was soooooooooo good! Christoph thought it was excellent! (Carolyn)

31.1.12

hartley book launch - some comments







Thank you a million fold for last night. What a lovely event, and the book is great.

Barry Stone



Thanks for organising last night. 
 


Elaine Cusack


Thanks for last night; also including my piece in the book, I feel very
honoured.  



Rachel Cochrane


Thank you for a very enjoyable and moving launch last night. The setting was perfect, the lecture fascinating, and the readings and music rounded off the evening perfectly. I've been left with a burning desire to learn to play the Northumbrian pipes. That music was stunning, particularly the final piece the piper played.


Cheers,

Cathy


 I echo Cathy`s sentiments about the evening, which I throughly enjoyed & the venue certainly added to the gravitas of the event. Wow, what an interior; perhaps one of Newcastle`s hidden gems. I`ve now had a wee bit of time to look through the book; I have to congratulate you (& North Tyneside Council for the financial support) on a job exceedingly well done. I also congratulate my fellow contributors for their sensitive & thought-provoking work. Keep it up & in touch. Best wishes to all...........................Geoff Holland

 I echo what Geoff Holland has said - oh, what a night!  I think the other readers and musicians agree with me on a well-organised event and the venue was an apt and well-chosen place to perform - balcony readings from the gods of artistry...


Cheers,


Gordon Phillips

Thanks from me too! What an amazing venue!

Chris Ormston

Thanks again, plus I can tell you that Barbara Hadaway and John  and Maria loved the night.

Barry Stone


I would like to add my own thanks - it really was a special evening.

The book itself is great and it was amazing to see inside the Mining Institute, hear Mr Jackson's lecture, and then enjoy the readings and music and the Institute's hospitality...the New Hartley Lament on the northumbrian pipes was something I'll never forget. 

Thanks for all your hard work!



Pippa Little



I must write to let you know how honoured I felt to be a part of last night's event at the Mining Institute.

The book is a beautiful and heartfelt tribute to all those men and boys who lost their lives in the New Hartley pit disaster, the evening was so moving - the poems and the music so touching.

Please do pass on my sincere thanks to everyone involved. A special thanks to the lovely people I met from the Mining Institute for their warm welcome and hospitality.

Finally, sincere thanks to you Keith for everything you do in support of poetry and community projects.

All Good Wishes
Catherine Graham

Just literally came in from work and want to say what a great night last night was!!! Cynth and me enjoyed it very much, there is just something about Newcastle. We both enjoy being there, the Institute is an amazing place, it knocked us both out!!! What an exquisite place to hold an event, we enjoyed the ride up, the talk by Norman Jackson, the readings the whole evening in fact, so well done!!! Nice one Keith and many thanks for including my poem in your great book I hope I didn't let you down with my reading). 

Regards,  
Robert Lonsdale

I would just like to voice my thanks also for a very memorable evening. The venue was spectacular and very apt.  The whole evening was very well planned, including breaks for refreshments.  I was  gripped by Norman Jackson's presentation and the launch was a good mix of music, poetry and prose.

Thanks for the evening Keith and everyone who took part, also those who prepared beforehand and afterward.  And  thanks for including my piece in the book.

Best wishes

Noreen Rees
just read all the comments re thursday evening. john and i would echo everything that was said, we had a lovely evening, the lecture was really interesting and gave a good insight of what happened at hartley, it left us feeling we wanted to know more. the music and poetry were excellent and the pipes well they were something else, especially the tune written for the anniversary of the disaster. 

heather wood, easington

Congratulations on organising such a wonderful event on Thursday and for putting together such a beautiful new book of superb poetry and prose - all the contributions are fantastic and it is a book to treasure, so my thanks and congratulations to all involved. Chris's specially composed new piece of music is also superb and apt.


Best wishes,

Gary
Gary Miller Songs

A good evening and congratulations on the book - v. good to see the disaster marked so vividly. Crack on o bard!

Peter Mortimer

the jingling geordie

My photo
whitley bay, tyne and wear, United Kingdom
poet and raconteur