JINGLE ON MY SON!

JINGLE ON MY SON!
A doughty champion of his local culture.(Poet Tom Hubbard)Your performance at the city hall was soooooooooo good! Christoph thought it was excellent! (Carolyn)

26.12.15

ONE FOR MARY!


photos: dr keith armstrong


























ONE FOR MARY


Many’s the time
I have rested 
my weary mind
on a chair 
in the Beacon pub corners,
ready to drown recent sorrow
with the flow of alcohol
down an anxious throat.
And the sun on those days 
shone
not only in my glass of Stella
but in Mary’s twinkling eyes
when I saw her there
alive with wit
and sparkle,
her infectious smiles
mischievous to the last.
So from now on,
whenever the sun goes down,
I will remember her,
those cheerful emails she sent me
and the graceful way
she bore her lovely self.



KEITH ARMSTRONG

For the late lamented Mary Campbell and my friends in the Beacon pub, Whitley Bay.

Really sweet and touching poem, Keith. Thank you for sharing. You also managed to re-kindle my sense of loss at having retired to the south after so many years in our beloved Geordie Land. For this I forgive you!  Brian Ings

the jingling geordie

My photo
whitley bay, tyne and wear, United Kingdom
poet and raconteur